MISSION STATEMENT: Minnesota Jewish Theatre Company ignites the hearts and minds of people of all cultural backgrounds by producing theater of the highest artistic standards. Rooted in Jewish content, our work explores differences, illuminates commonalities, and fosters greater understanding among all people.
- Founded in 1994 by Producing Artistic Director, Barbara Brooks.
- Minnesota Jewish Theatre Company is recognized as the preeminent independent professional theater in the United States focusing on Jewish history and culture.
- Since 1995, MJTC has produced over 70 plays and musicals. These have included 3 commissions and 7 world premieres.
- MJTC has garnered 5 Ivey Awards, 2 Broadway World Awards, is the recipient of the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council Arts Achievement Award, and MJTC productions have been regularly selected for Star Tribune's "Best of the Week".
- Healthy operations - debt free since inception
- MJTC audiences are typically half Jewish and half non-Jewish, and hail from a variety of locations across the country.
- Known for intimate, thought-provoking theater, MJTC produces a variety of productions ranging from compelling, from one-man shows and family-friendly holiday plays to large-cast musicals.
- MJTC has made its home at the Highland Park Community Center in St. Paul, Minnesota, and has been producing work at that location since its origin.
Recent Press Releases
What I Thought I Knew - August 2018
2018 - 2019 MJTC Season Announcement - July 2018
Recent Production Photos
Please reach out to Katie, our Communications and Audience Engagement Manager at 651-647-4315 or email@example.com for any additional information, materials, or clarification needed.